Visual Basic 6.0 Document Management Application
- First, the challenge. Match images of scanned invoices to database entries for each invoice.
- The solution? A VB 6.0 form with two child forms. One child form displays scanned PDF documents from the file server, the other child form displays unresolved invoices from the SQL Server payables database (and allows choosing which document to display).
- While the document is displayed, the user chooses a matching database entry.
- After confirmation, the application renames the document and moves it to its assigned directory. The name is the concatenation of the vendor code and the invoice number.
- At this point, a path to the renamed file is entered in the matching database record.
- Embedded Adobe Acrobat is used to display the .pdf.
- If the application can't connect to the database or the file server, a dialog box pops up and asks for connection information.